The programme will:
- Provide an opportunity for Early Career disabled and non disabled artists working inclusively to exchange, develop and share skills.
- Create a new digital network of artists through national and international exchange.
- Consist of Online Zoom Seminars, Practice Exchanges, Artist Talks, Mentoring and Skills Development sessions led by Candoco Dance Company and related artists.
- Take place online in September & October 2021 (exact dates TBC) across a mix of evening and weekend sessions
- Be supported with artist bursaries, funding participants for their time on the programme.
We are looking for 3 UK Based Early Career Dance Artists who are:
- Aged 18+
- Identify as disabled or non-disabled with some experience in inclusive dance.
- Keen to develop their own inclusive artistic practice.
- Interested in performing, teaching, and creating their own artistic work.
- Curious and generous – willing to share experiences and learn from others.
- Interested in collaboration and developing relationships with artists internationally.
- Open to working with digital technology and online platforms for collaboration such as Zoom and Padlet – no experience is necessary and support/training will be provided.
- Able to commit to the programme across some evenings and weekends in September & October 2021. The programme will consist of approximately 6 x half day and 4 x full day sessions plus some additional training, evaluation and networking sessions as required.
The application deadline has passed, we are no longer accepting applications.
Candoco Dance Company is committed to ensuring that everyone’s access requirements are met and will work directly with each individual to ensure that access is fully embedded into the programme.
If you have any questions or concerns about the application, programme, support or access requirements – please contact Tim Casson, Creative Learning Producer. Applicants will hear from us by 4 June 2021.