All workshops start with an inclusive warm up/ dance technique class and can then explore:
- Company repertory by choreographers including Yasmeen Godder, Hetain Patel, Alexander Whitely
- Contemporary dance technique
- Choreography skills; tools for generating movement material
- Building performance confidence and skills
- Q&A with workshop leaders
Our workshops are suitable SEND and mainstream schools, for Key Stage 1 – A Level and no previous dance experience is required.
Workshops can be delivered as a half day, full day or a weekly programme. We can also arrange five day intensives upon request where students work together to create a piece for performance.
If you are looking for in depth information about Candoco Dance Company, our Student Resource Pack should be your first port of call. The pack includes interviews with our former Artistic Co-Directors Stine and Pedro, company dancers, a Candoco Artist, a Cando2 dancer and our former Learning Producer, Hannah Dye. You will also find information on the company’s ownership, funding and organisational structure. Download the Student Resource Pack.
Candoco is an ArtsMark partner and Arts Award Supporter.