For the first time in Candoco's history, we bring a show specifically created for families to enjoy at Christmas - The Lost Thing. Directed and choreographed by Ben Wright and with musical direction by Jules Maxwell, this is a musical reimagining of Shaun Tan’s beautifully illustrated book about a boy who helps a lost thing find its way home.
What is it… and where does it belong? The discovery of something mysterious and out of place is the starting point for this new family work. In this enchanting collaboration between Candoco Dance Company and The Royal Opera, a cast of disabled and non-disabled singers, dancers and musicians, come together to tell a story about how we are all connected.
The Lost Thing will be sung in English with captioning. It will be performed at the Linbury Theatre, Royal Opera House from 7 December 2019 to 4 January 2020.
- Year: 2019
- Director and choreographer: Ben Wright
- Music: Jules Maxwell
- Dramaturg: Jude Christian
- Set and video designer: Will Holt
- Costume designer: Rike Zöllner
- A co-production and co-commission: With The Royal Opera
- Based on the book: By Shaun Tan
- Generous philanthropic support from: The Paul Hamlyn Education Fund
- Suitability: ages 6+